Group discussion is used to evaluate one’s personality. This round comes after the aptitude test. In GD a group of 10-15 candidates is given a specific time (20-30 minutes) to discuss any common topic. The candidates are assessed accordingly.
10 tips to crack GD
1. We all have certain preferences and characteristics that feel more comfortable & natural. So be what you are. Just participate in GD as a general discussion.
2. Sit comfortable and straight.
3. GD is about having a diversity in opinions.
4. If you have the complete knowledge of the subject, start the discussuion.
5. Show your disagreement, but it should not mean that they are wrong.
6. If you raise objection on others’ views, support it with a solid fact.
7. Allow others to speak.
8. Observe carefully and choose the right moment to speak. If others don’t listen, your point has no value.
9. Face the participants, not the judge of the discussion.
10. Don’t indulge in fish-market situation.
After all remember, this is only a group discussion. You never know the judge’s criteria for the selection. Just be who are and give your best. The result will always be good.