For engineering students or those with science & technology background , an entire interview often called as technical interview is planned for the evaluation of subject knowledge.
The best way to prepare for technical interview is to research what types of question can be expected and to prepare accordingly. You can revise them before interview. You can also take the help of company website, seniors, Glassdoor and someone who works in the company.
How to prepare for technical interview?
1. Research the expected topics for the position from all the available sources. Make some notes if required or revise the topics from your class notes.
2. Go through the internships, training or certifications you have taken from technical perspective. The technical things should be clear.
3. If you have completed projects, revise the technical concepts.
4. You should prepare everything mentioned in the resume from technical view.
Sample industry specific questions
- If you were to introduce a new product into market, what are some of the factors you would need to consider?
- What are some of the most effective ways social media is currently being used by people in the marketing field?
2. Computer engineering
- What are data structures?
- What is the difference between recursion and iteration?
- What are pointers in C?
3. Financial services
- Name 3 stocks you think are undervalued. How?
- How is a company valued?
- Why would two companies want to merge?
- Explain 2008 financial crisis.
- What is the scope of crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, Ripple?
- If you have 10 crores, where would you invest in startup space?
- What is the biggest challenge for a startup?
- If you had ₹10 crores, how would you invest in start-up space?